Monday, October 14, 2013

Into the West


"Through my Father’s eyes I rode with giants, legends, and ghosts. I lived in monumental valleys surrounded by high red rock mountains covered with snow and pine forests, full of enchanted tales. 
In the reality of my childhood dreams I was a cowboy, Apache chief, half-breed scout to the cavalry, and mountain man. 
I fearlessly confronted bears and mountain lions. With the Cheyenne, I hunted buffalo at full gallop. With the Apache I made alliances and fought the white-eyed invaders. I rode on the Pony Express with Buffalo Bill. I saved damsels in distress and loved them with all my heart". 

"In my childhood dreams I was a hero, a Cowboy, and a righteous man with no equal, where Ethan Edwards and Martin Pauley (John Wayne and Jeffrey Hunter) were my friends. Together we were “The Searchers,” tracking Betty (Natalie Wood) abducted by the renegade Indian chief Scar, through a wild and beautifully strange world called Monument Valley".

"Sitting on top of a rock on starry nights listening to my father’s stories and tall tales of the West, I travelled into a magical time that filled my eyes and allowed my childhood imagination to visualize and trip on the most incredible adventures ever in distant lands and worlds". 

"For my Father, I was Intshu-Tchuna, chief of all Apaches and Navajos, and Itschi, Wind, was my horse". 


(From the book "Into the West, through my fathers eyes" by Bo Montenegro)

No comments:

Post a Comment